By continuing to use this site, you agree to receive cookies/similar technologies to measure visits, view videos and use social sharing buttons. Find out more and change your cookies settings.
- May 13, 2022
Puig has partnered with Dubai Duty Free and JCDecaux to open a pop-up space for niche fragrance brand Penhaligon’s at Dubai International (DXB), Concourse D. Open until December, the pop-up underlines Puig and Dubai Duty Free’s joint commitment to unleashing the brand’s full potential and developing the niche fragrance category at the world’s busiest international airport.
Offering travellers the full Penhaligon’s experience, the pop-up brings to life the British brand’s unique storytelling in an immersive temporary space that combines exclusive gifts-with-purchase, special gift sets and gift-wrapping.
The pop-up is inspired by the brand’s Portraits universe – a fragrance family inspired by the secrets and scandals of British aristocracy. With the aim of offering the most engaging customer experience, the pop-up will be animated all year-long with attractive offers on different Penhaligon’s fragrances.
The shopping journey is elevated through the use of Penhaligon’s digital tools such as Fragrance Profiling – a key consumer experience which is at the heart of the Penhaligon’s brand DNA – and the innovative Magic Monocle. Magic Monocle is a self-discovery tool that enables customers to discover the story behind every Penhaligon’s fragrance by scanning a fragrance bottle with their phone. Key ingredient and olfactive information is presented for each fragrance, allowing consumers to explore the product along with recommendations based on their preference.
Awareness of the pop-up and Penhaligon’s brand has been generated via an influencer campaign in which Puig has partnered with multiple UAE-based influencers in March. The campaign focused on the availability of Penhaligon’s fragrances at DXB, all with a video-first format and travel theme. It can be discovered on Instagram by searching #travelwithpenhaligons.
Sharon Beecham, SVP – Purchasing, Dubai Duty Free said: “In collaboration with Puig, we are commited to unlocking the full potential of Penhaligon’s and the wider niche fragrance category, the fastest growing fragrance segment in Middle East travel retail, through compelling retail offers and experiences. The pop-up strengthens our partnership with Puig and we look forward to welcoming travellers to the immersive space, where they can discover exclusive products and the brand’s unique personality.”
Marvin Blumer, Puig Travel Retail EMEA General Manager, said: “Together with Dubai Duty Free, we identified Concourse D as the perfect terminal to install the pop-up space given the great affinity between the passenger profile and Penhaligon’s target consumer. The opening, a milestone in the collaboration between Penhaligon’s and Dubai Duty Free, underlines Puig’s commitment to developing Penhaligon’s in travel retail by strengthening the brand’s presence in key niche fragrance markets and elevating the shopping experience through retail excellence.”
- 2020 revenue: €2,312m – 9M 2021 revenue: €1,789m
- N°1 Out-of-Home Media company worldwide
- A daily audience of more than 840 million people in more than 80 countries
- 964,760 advertising panels worldwide
- Present in 3,670 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 10,230 employees
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is recognised for its extra-financial performance in the CDP (A-List), FTSE4Good (4.6/5) and MSCI (AAA) rankings
- 1st Out-of-Home Media company to join the RE100 (committed to 100% renewable energy)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (489,500 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with 156 airports and 249 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (329,790 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (129,970 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (615,530 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,590 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (66,120 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (22,500 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (15,350 advertising panels)