By continuing to use this site, you agree to receive cookies/similar technologies to measure visits, view videos and use social sharing buttons. Find out more and change your cookies settings.
- Dubai, UAE
adidas has unveiled a running track in the arrivals area of DXB’s busiest terminal, in partnership with Dubai Airports and JCDecaux With millions of travelers expected to arrive in Dubai over the coming months for Expo 2020 as well as a number of key events across arts, music, and fitness – this unique experiential concept falls in line with the brand’s efforts to contribute to the city’s efforts to promote health and fitness and support the vision to be the most active city in the world.
Within Dubai, adidas has encouraged the community to take part in an exciting calendar of events throughout Dubai Fitness Challenge, motivating participants to put on their training shoes and take part in 30 minutes of exercise every day for 30 days. The running track activation builds on an engaging experience for residents and visitors alike and encourages travelers to take the betterment journey by opting to walk along the racetrack instead of using the travellators, rewarding those who follow the track with complimentary sneaker customisation at the adidas flagship store’s MakerLab area located in The Dubai Mall. To redeem the reward, passengers must simply scan the QR code available on the track. Additionally, in line with adidas’ mission to promote sustainability in the region and beyond, the racetrack is made of 100% sustainable material, which is non-PVC and 100% Chlorine & Phthalate free.
With Dubai being recognised globally as a hub of innovation, creativity, and sustainability, adidas’ first-of-its-kind exciting concept sets a perfect example of connecting with a global audience at the world’s busiest airport
In addition to the sustainable racetrack, adidas has planned out an exciting calendar throughout Dubai Fitness Challenge. The calendar includes four key sporting activities to take over the city of Dubai to offer various opportunities for the community to challenge their own limitations within an experiential setting.
On the 29th of October, the first activation involved a unique 360-degree yoga session hosted on Ain Dubai by Dubai Holding – the world’s largest and tallest observation wheel located at Bluewaters. The following week included an energetic spinning class aboard the deck of the iconic floating Queen Elizabeth on the 14th of November. The next major activity will be one of the brand’s biggest to date and focusing on its sustainability mission, Race for the Deserts. In an effort for adidas to harness the power of sports and to drive change, adidas will host Race for the Deserts on November 27th. For every KM run, 10 AED will be contributed to more resources to clean up the deserts and support adidas’ mission to end plastic waste. adidas aims to bring Dubai’s community together in this initiative, inviting residents to unite and Race for the Deserts, and encourages all to run and contribute to the funds which will be capped at 100,000 USD. Lastly, and to finish off the month with some friendly competition, on the 24th of November, adidas will be hosting a football challenge with an unexpected twist. The football field will be as part of the new Dubai Harbour and as part of #NoFilterDXB event in partnership with Gulf United football academy based in Dubai. The set up will include a 3 vs. 3 pitch that is sure to add an extra challenge to the match, with Gulf JCDecaux - Middle East Boutique offices, Villa #3, Dubai Media City, near Knowledge Park, PO Box 214810, Dubai, UAE www.jcdecauxme.com United academy ensuring players are ready to play with pre speed, with agility sessions before the game.
- 2020 revenue: €2,312m – 9M 2021 revenue: €1,789m
- N°1 Out-of-Home Media company worldwide
- A daily audience of more than 840 million people in more than 80 countries
- 964,760 advertising panels worldwide
- Present in 3,670 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 10,230 employees
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is recognised for its extra-financial performance in the CDP (A-List), FTSE4Good (4.6/5) and MSCI (AAA) rankings
- 1st Out-of-Home Media company to join the RE100 (committed to 100% renewable energy)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (489,500 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with 156 airports and 249 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (329,790 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (129,970 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (615,530 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,590 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (66,120 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (22,500 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (15,350 advertising panels)